Windows 11 on Redmi Note 9

Hi, I have a phone with an octa-core CPU, this is a redmi Note 9, is it possible to install Windows without a snapdragon CPU? I also need an old version of Windows (10/8 / 8.1 / 7)

Since there is not much information about MediaTek’s Bootloader, nobody knows how to do it (EDK2 porting). Because MediaTek does not share their source code to the public. Qualcomm, on the other hand, both shares and has a UEFI software called XBL.

For these reasons, try turning on virtualization (KVM) from your Linux kernel instead of porting EDK2. With this you can download QEMU from Termux’s X11 repository and install Windows.

thanks for the reply, so far through qemu i managed to install windows 7. instead with other emulators based on qemu i tried to install win10 but it’s really too slow, and it made me the phone is unusable for several days.

try to in this link GitHub - bgtwoigu/6592_6732_drv: MediaTek sources.
but i didn’t check

Without virtualization, a system called TCG is used. That’s why QEMU runs extremely slow from any device. Virtualization is a must.

ok thanks a lot

But what about the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max? Since it has a Snapdragon 720G, it would work, correct?

I Have redmi note 10 pro max. It has snapdragao 732G processor. Can I install windows 11 on it?

Yes.

Hi, Did you find a way to successfully run Windows on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro?

1 Like